Farmer School of Business Scholarships
FSB Study Abroad Scholarship Eligibility
In order to be eligible for any FSB study abroad scholarship, students:
- Must be an FSB major.
- Must be studying on an FSB Faculty-Led program, Miami Co-Sponsored Program, or Miami Luxembourg semester.
- Must be enrolled full-time in at least 12 credit hours for a fall or spring semester study abroad program. Winter and summer programs require enrollment in the program course(s). Summer internship programs are not eligible for FSB scholarships.
FSB Need-Based Scholarships
In addition to the above general FSB scholarship eligibility, students who meet the following criteria will automatically be considered for a need-based scholarship; no application required. Preference will be given to students with demonstrated need and a history of a high academic achievement.
- Student must have a FAFSA on file for the school year during which he/she will study abroad. The FAFSA must show need.
- Student must have a 2.50 or higher overall GPA.
FSB Merit-Based Scholarships
Merit scholarships are competitive and limited based on the number of applicants and amount of annual funds. In addition to the above general FSB scholarship eligibility, students who meet the following criteria will be considered for merit-based scholarships; an application is required:
- Student must be an FSB major
- Student must have 3.5 overall GPA on 15 Miami University earned hours (transfer credit does not apply towards this minimum).
- Students must be studying on an FSB semester or faculty led program..
- Student must have completed and submitted the FSB Merit-Based Scholarship Application by the appropriate deadline:
Fall: Rolling deadline
Winter: August 1 (Rolling Deadline for Winter 2022-23 programs)
Spring: Rolling deadline
Summer: February 1
Scholarship money will be transferred to the student's Bursar Account 10 days prior to the beginning of the study abroad term.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
For other scholarship opportunities and resources for funding study abroad, visit https://www.miamioh.edu/global-initiatives/education-abroad/
Mr. Higgin Kim
Mr. Higgin Kim, class of ‘69, is a prominent Korean business leader and the CEO of Seoul-based Byucksan Engineering and Construction Co. His generous $1 million gift has established the Higgin Kim Asian Business Program within Miami’s Farmer School of Business. Income from the endowment will enhance the school’s Pacific Rim summer study program and semester-long exchange programs with premier universities in Korea and Japan. It will also facilitate productive relationships between Miami faculty and their Asian counterparts.
As part of the program, the endowment has also established the Higgin Kim Asia Business Scholarship, which gives approximately $20,000 annually to students who participate in study abroad and exchange programs in Korea and Japan. Award amounts are generally $1,000 or more and are based on both need and merit. If you have committed to a study abroad experience in Korea and/or Japan, you will automatically be considered for this scholarship if eligible.
The Park Family
Korean-American business woman Elinora Bo Hyun Park came to the United States from Korea in 1963 to attend college. As as result of her own experience, she has made a donation of $500,000 to the Farmer School of Business to promote and support international study. Income generated from the endowment will assist Miami University students who want to study in Korea, and Korean university students who want to study at Miami.
“I believe international study is an increasingly essential part of education in a competitive global environment,” Park explained. “Studying abroad is a great opportunity for learning about culture and gaining an understanding of human relationships.”
Named also in memory of her late husband, the Richard Moon Su Park and Elinora Bo Hyun Park Korea Scholarship will offer scholarships of $1,000 or more to students who will participate in a study abroad experience in Korea. If you have committed to a study abroad program in Korea, you will automatically be considered for this scholarship if you are eligible.