College of Creative Arts
Special Admission Requirements
All incoming first-year and transfer students pursuing an arts major (architecture, art, art education, graphic design, interior design, music, music education, music performance, and theatre) are required to submit a portfolio and/or schedule an audition/interview by the admission application deadline. This is in addition to the Common Application for admission to Miami University. Information on how to submit a portfolio for your major can be found below.
Portfolio and/or audition deadlines
All auditions must be scheduled by February 1 of each academic year. First-year students should observe the deadlines below for submitting portfolios and scheduling auditions:
- Early Decision—November 15*
- Early Action, February notification—December 1*
- Regular Decision, March notification—February 1
*If you do not meet these deadlines, your application will be considered for the Regular Decision, March notification. Music students who audition by February 23, 2015 receive first consideration for music scholarships.
Students transferring from another university should observe the following deadlines:
- Architecture and Interior Design—Portfolios should be submitted at the time of application. Portfolios submitted after March 15 will be considered on a space available basis.
- Art, Art Education, Graphic Design—Portfolios should be submitted at the time of application. Portfolios submitted after March 15 will be considered on a space available basis.
- Music Education, Music Performance—Auditions should be completed by May 1 to be considered for fall admission. Auditions completed before March 15 have the best opportunities for scholarships.
- Theatre—Auditions should be completed by May 1 to be considered for fall admission.
Important to note:
- Late portfolios will only be considered on a space available basis.
- Actual physical artwork will not be accepted in the portfolio; only images of the artwork will be accepted.
- Portfolios submitted in non-conforming formats may not be considered.
- If you wish your portfolio to be returned, please include return postage and a mailer.
For the transfer application process, select your major:
Architecture or Interior Design
Art, Art Education, or Graphic Design
Music, Music Education, or Music Performance (Transfer applicants follow the same procedure as first-year applicants.)
Theatre (Transfer applicants follow the same procedure as first-year applicants.)